The scientific committee of the MMA Wilayah Persekutuan 19th Primary Care Symposium cordially invites all undergraduate and postgraduate medical students to submit abstracts for the symposium. All abstracts shall be submitted by completing the form below. Abstracts submitted via e-mail, fax or regular mail will not be considered. Submitted abstracts cannot be revised.
All abstracts submitted must be accompanied by the poster that will be presented at the MMA Wilayah Persekutuan 19th Primary Care Symposium. Only the abstract along with its poster will be subjected to review by the Scientific Committee. Notification of acceptance will be sent to the submitter by email.
Please ensure that anything you submit for the MMA Wilayah Persekutuan 19th Primary Care Symposium conforms to the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors’ Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals.
All abstracts should be in English. We accept abstracts for the following categories of work; original research, reviews, case series and case reports. All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee of the MMA Wilayah Persekutuan 19th Primary Care Symposium.
Format of the Abstract
Original Research and Reviews
The word count for the structured abstract should not exceed 500 words. The abstract describing the original research and reviews should conform to the IMRAD format (Introduction, Methods, Results and Discussion).
Case Series and Case Reports
The word count for the summary of the case series and case report should not exceed 500 words. The summary for the case series and case report need not follow the IMRAD format. It should describe the key findings of the case series or case report and provide a recommendation based on those key findings.
|Abstract Submission Deadline||7th January 2023|
|Notification of Acceptance||21st January 2023|
Guideline for Abstract Submission
- The abstract submission is open to all undergraduate and postgraduate medical students.
- Only the 20 best abstracts will be chosen for an e-poster presentation on the event day.
- For successful abstracts, the registration fees will be reduced to RM120.
- Upon successful selection of the abstract and poster, the author agreed to register and complete the payment for the MMA Wilayah 19th Primary Care Symposium 2023.
- The registration link will be sent through the abstract acceptance email.
- The presenting author shall be one of the authors listed in this abstract.
- Each participant can only submit a maximum of one abstract to be considered for presentation at the symposium.
- The abstract should be submitted by completing the form below.
- Three winners will be selected for the BEST POSTER PRIZE which will be judged on the day of the Symposium.
- 1st Prize RM500
- 2nd Prize RM300
- 3rd Prize RM100
- The abstract will be published as online abstract on this Website.
Guideline for Poster Submission
A poster presentation consists of a visual display of research findings on a hardboard combined with a question and answer session. The content should summarise information or research concisely, and attractively to help publicise it and generate discussion. It should be direct and focused. The poster should not be only a reproduction of the abstract you have submitted for the conference.
Format of the Poster Accepted
- The poster should be based on the template provided (Landscape at 16:9 ratio). (e-Poster Template)
- The poster needs to be submitted in PDF format.
- The poster will be presented as an e-Poster on a TV monitor with a minimum size of 40 inches (diagonally).
- The monitor will be placed horizontally or in a landscape manner.
- The poster should be readable from a distance of 2 metres.
Content of the Poster
- It should be readable at 2 metres.
- It should have effective use of graphics, colour and fonts
- It should use bullets, numbering, and headlines to make it easy to read
- It should have a consistent and clean layout
- It should include acknowledgements, authors’ names and affiliations.
Download the e-Poster Template