The 1st Global Update in Joint Imaging & Orthopaedic Surgery Congress for Healthcare Practitioners will be held from15th-17th September 2019 at University Malaya Medical Centre, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Here are the key features of the Congress:
1. This congress is designed to give you a comprehensive review of indications, technical aspects, normal andpathological image recognition of Imaging of the major joints. It will also update delegates in current orthopaedicprocedures of major joints and some other interesting topics on imaging equipment and Rehabilitation of commontendon pathology.
2. This congress will be useful to all physicians and allied healthcare personnel who diagnose and treat possible jointpathology such as major joint tendinosis and ligament injury by clinical examination and refer patients for diagnosticimaging and want to be able to recognize the normal anatomy and common pathology on the scans or imagesprovided by the radiologists.
3. The congress will cover plain radiographs, MRI and Ultrasound normal imaging anatomy compared with grossanatomy using plain films, MRI and Ultrasound static images. The correlation of gross anatomy to normal ultrasoundand MRI images and a live demonstration of ultrasound on normal models initially will help all delegates to get a firmknowledge of the role of high resolution ultrasound and MRI for detection of various joint pathology in today’s setting.
4. The normal scans above will then be compared with MRI and Ultrasound videos of common joint pathology. Thisis so that the healthcare personnel can now recognize and point to patients areas of reported abnormality on the CDor hard copy images provided to the patient by the hospital or radiologist and recommend the appropriatemanagement.
5. This is a 3 day congress with practical demonstrations by the faculty and application has been made for 20 CPDpoints from the MMC for doctors as a 3 day congress with free papers.
6. The Congress Chairman and main guest lecturer is the world renowned, Professor Dr John George, who is anexpert Master teacher at various Radiology Musculoskeletal and Sports Medicine meetings around the world andmany find his style of teaching easy to understand and can appreciate even complex topics in MSK MRI andUltrasound. He has given more than 220 international and local presentations and has a H index of 11 for ISIpublications, which is a very high score for a Malaysian Academic Medical Professor. His team includes local andinternational speakers including orthopaedic surgeons, rehabilitation specialists and also technical staff from Imagingcompanies.
7. We hope to invite various Ultrasound companies to display their GP and Physician entry and mid-range equipmentat the booths outside the lecture hall. These equipment will also be used in rotation on the models during the livedemonstrations for video presentation with direct link to the screen so that the participants can view the excellentresolution of low to mid-end range ultrasound available for screening and injection guidance today.
Online registration is available at www.penangmskrad.com. We look forward to your presence and participation.